Old 03-07-2012, 07:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes[_5_] Alan Holmes[_5_] is offline

Default Weed torcch - anyone used these?

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article , sweetheart
writes
Well that is the problem. It is difficult. I have been cutting them down
in patches( using sheers) and then using glyphosate. But the nettles have
almost lethal stings on them! well painful anyway if I get caught.

You'd be better off either going over them with a lawn mower or walloping
them down with a broom and damaging the stems, then when they are trodden
down and bruised apply the weed killer to them.

I don't think that would work very well as you need to soak the leaves to
make the weedkiller effective.

Alan

--
Janet Tweedy