Old 03-07-2012, 11:12 PM posted to rec.gardens
Priscilla H. Ballou Priscilla H. Ballou is offline

Default chipmunks eating tomatoes

In article ,
PhoenixWench wrote:

On 7/3/2012 4:29 PM, frinjdwelr wrote:
How does one keep tomatoes safe from chipmunks who love to eat them even
before they start to ripen? The little buggers can climb anywhere.Was going
to try small plastic bags around each tomato clump, but fear they'll chew
right through.

Chicken wire fencing, including right over the top!

I agree. I have been told that human hair will dissuade some pests. If
the chicken wire fencing I've put around my broccoli don't continue to
keep the woodchuck out, I will be asking my hair dresser to save her
sweepings for me.

Priscilla