Old 04-07-2012, 12:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default weeds?

"Alan Holmes" wrote in
:

We are inundated with a mess whose common name is 'mind your own
business' and I want to find a weedkiller which will kill the damned
stuff, I have tried several already but it still comes back with a
vengeance!

So, what do I have to do to get ride of the damned things?

They seem to just be growing at the front and side of the house out of
the sun.

Alan

I would squash them with your boot and then treat them with glyphosate.
Wait 2 or 3 weeks and cover them with carpet. Wait a month or so and repeat
if any are still showing. Examine the area well, because this little sod is
hard to see when it is starting up. A tiny green spot needs the treatment
described above. Look behind any features, such as downpipes, waterbutts or
anything else it can hide behind.
It seems like we spend more time getting rid of weeds than actually growing
our preferred garden items, but a lot of the time an hours hoeing is not
enough, is it.

Good luck, Alan.
Baz