Old 04-07-2012, 01:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stephen Wolstenholme[_2_] Stephen Wolstenholme[_2_] is offline

Default weeds?

On Wed, 4 Jul 2012 12:47:43 +0100, "Alan Holmes"
wrote:

"Chris Hogg" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 4 Jul 2012 11:24:51 +0100, "Alan Holmes"
wrote:

We are inundated with a mess whose common name is 'mind your own business'
and I want to find a weedkiller which will kill the damned stuff, I have
tried several already but it still comes back with a vengeance!

So, what do I have to do to get ride of the damned things?

They seem to just be growing at the front and side of the house out of the
sun.

Alan

See http://apps.rhs.org.uk/advicesearch/...e.aspx?pid=348

My mother has it in her lawn, and flowerbeds, and paths,
and....and....and...etc.

In fact there's more MYOB in the lawn than grass, and actually it
doesn't look too bad. She's tried eradicating it with selective
weedkiller but without success. The RHS link recommends glyphosate,
but this isn't really suitable for lawns unless you intend re-laying
the whole thing as it will kill the grass as well, if you still have
any!

I have tried glyphosate, at least that is what I think it is, the one I use
is called ROUNDUP, but it doesn't seem to be very good unless I am doing
something wrong!

Alan

'mind your own business' is resistant to all chemicals that can be
used on lawns. I quite like it in any other location. My method of
stopping it growing in the lawn was to get rid of the lawn!

Steve

--
Neural Network Software. http://www.npsl1.com