Old 05-07-2012, 09:10 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default weeds?

David Hill wrote in
:

On 04/07/2012 15:24, Baz wrote:
Martin Brown wrote in
news

Main problem this year is the garden too wet to stand on!
(and often too cold and windy as well)

Yes, that is a problem.
Stanley knife to make an opening for glyphosate? Shroud the nozzle of
the sprayer? Don't know.
I am not at all good with the latin names, so when I say potato or
broad bean, Am I being ambiguous? But point taken! Soleirolia
soleirolii is exact.

For example my solanum tuberosum are growing nicely. Or my Vicia faba
have Simulium. I prefer being ambiguous. It's easier. Just having a
laugh, cachinnus or cachinnatio, but that IS ambiguous?

Baz

I take it you don't know the plant Baz,
opening the stem would be a problem.
see
http://www.bbc.co.uk/gardening/plant...pages/868.shtm

It is common around this area, David.
I just scrape with my boot and spray with glyphosate.
I would have thought slashing the mass with a Stanley knife would do the
trick, I will try it when I next see some.

Baz