Old 05-07-2012, 09:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Beetroot

"Christina Websell" wrote ...

I've given up on them. I'd sowed them three times, wondering if the seed
was bad, so my bro sowed a new packet from a different seed merchant on the
allotment and also at his home.
His home beetroots are up an inch, no sign of them on the lottie.
I think they might have been washed out by the rain.

Is it Flea Beetle? Seems rife this year and if there is any Rapeseed growing
near you it certainly will be around. Last time I tried with Beet root they
came up into a thin green line and the next day, all gone.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.