Old 06-07-2012, 01:12 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Pat Kiewicz[_2_] Pat Kiewicz[_2_] is offline

Default Venting about varmints

Billy said:

Pat Kiewicz wrote:

I’m going to reinforce the chain link on the neighbor’s side from the
inside of the veggie garden and have set up a trap. Apples didn’t
seem to work on this one so I’ve added watermelon. I need
something it wants more than the soybean leaves…or hope that it will
give up and move on if only I build a better fence.

Spotted the groundhog feeding on the pile of mulberry shoots we cut
down on the neighbor's side of the fence. I think some tree trimming
is in order...and will put some of the freshest growth into the trap, too.

Maybe another line of shock wire lower down on the fence. If I have
enough insulators left. And shock wire.

Arghh. I've got enough troubles (health). Damn. Damn. Damn.

Agriculture, it builds character. Good luck with all your problems.

At least the gardening problems aren't life threatening. So far.

At least my body had the sense to break down in February, after I'd
ordered my seeds but well before I had to start them. (Staved off
a potential relapse recently but this isn't helping!)

--
Pat in Plymouth MI

"Yes, swooping is bad."

email valid but not regularly monitored