Old 06-07-2012, 05:54 PM
Honeysuckle Honeysuckle is offline
Registered User

Location: Rickmansworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeysuckle View Post
I have grown these flowers from seed for the first time this year and they are coming on quite well. However, I am surprised (and slightly disappointed) that all the flowers seem to be purple! I thought it was supposed to be mix of colours.

Some of the plants haven't flowered yet. Has anyone else on this forum grown these plants? If so have you got a mix of colours? Are the other colours slower to flower?

They look and smell delightful, but I had hoped for more variety, particularly because I have an awful lot of them!
I wanted to put this message back to the top, because I am still hoping that a stock-growing gardener might see it. The flowers are doing very nicely now, but they are all still purple (including the ones that have come out in the last few days). I read somewhere recently that white is the most common colour usually.

Do the growing conditions affect the colour? Could it have anything to do with the soil or wet weather?

Thanks in advance...

Honeysuckle XX