Old 07-07-2012, 12:52 PM
Honeysuckle Honeysuckle is offline
Registered User

Location: Rickmansworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by kay View Post
Transplanting always damages the root system a bit. It seems to kill quickly - ie if they survive the transplanting they thrive. No way of telling which colours didn't survive.

It is possible that you were sent duff seed, ie wild-type M incana. Try contacting the seed supplier.

I once grew a packet of Lychnis coronaria 'alba' only to find that they were the nasty magenta colour and not the white ones.
Thank you for your reply.

I bought the seed from a reputable seed supplier. I have done as you suggest and sent them an email. I will give an update when I receive their reply.

Honeysuckle