Old 07-07-2012, 07:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
harry harry is offline

Default Floods again!

On Jul 6, 1:04*pm, Baz wrote:
After all the money Anglian and Severn Trent Water Authority spent, we have
it again. Drain covers bursting up and out and flooding the roads causing
real danger to anybody either driving, cycling or walking,
The house is sodden. Everything was new from the last episode. Knacked now.
Looks like we will be at hotel in law again. The Son Inn.
So damn depressing to be dependent on others.

Baz

Well you have my sympathy but you need to get your house properly
flood proofed.
There are two levels.
1. Keeping the water out.
2. If the house floods minimum damage is done.

There are lots of things can be done so that even if the house floods,
it only takes a few days to clear up.
You can start here.
http://www.findaproperty.com/displaystory.aspx?
edid=00&salerent=0&storyid=8289