Old 07-07-2012, 12:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
shazzbat shazzbat is offline

Default Flooding precautions and response

"Martin" wrote in message
On Fri, 6 Jul 2012 22:17:37 +0100, "Ophelia"
wrote:

Hubby wrote this for a group on a different forum system and I thought it
might be useful he

Floods

big snip

Very good.

The Ouse floods every year, even in the 1940s when I was kid.
Most of the area that flooded then had no housing on it. Today it has.
--

Isn't it about time a hovercraft or two was used in floods? There are many
in the country, military, sport and commercial, yet when there's flooding,

Steve