Old 07-07-2012, 02:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Apple tree growth problems

On 07/07/2012 11:34, Charlie Pridham wrote:

"Brob" wrote in message

Hi I moved into a new house 4 months ago and the house has two apple
trees in the garden.

One of the apple trees appears to be doing fine but the other is doing
so well.

The leaves are sparse on the branches and some the leaves are small and
brown - I've attached some images.

Does anyone know why this would be.

|Filename: IMG_0968.jpg |
|Download:
http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15132|
|Filename: IMG_0969.jpg |
|Download:
http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15133|
|Filename: IMG_0970.jpg |
|Download:
http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15134|

Brob

Probably mildew due to the rather wet season, you can spray or you can
ignore it, I ignore it, some years its worse than others.

I'd go with mildew, but also look in the growing-point for aphid.