Old 07-07-2012, 05:45 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Pat Kiewicz[_2_] Pat Kiewicz[_2_] is offline

Default Venting about varmints

Pat Kiewicz said:

Lost even more of the edamame (the north end of the fence had
yet to be reinforced). But we nailed the damned groundhog, who
fled to the south end. Almost like we planned it that way.

One last push this morning to reinforce the north end. Good thing
this happened during the Shutdown week. Too bad that it has been
so. damned. hot.

North end reinforced. The 'low' temperature overnight was 80.
Finished up when the temperature was already 98 (heat index 108).

Picked the first tomatoes (SunSugar). Will have some eggplant
next week and the first corn is silking. (But will the heat ruin the
kernel set?) Summer squash getting ready to bloom.

Crossing my fingers on the edamame. Even if it is able to bounce back,
the whole staggered planting/harvest scheme is out the window.

--
Pat in Plymouth MI

"Yes, swooping is bad."

email valid but not regularly monitored