Old 07-07-2012, 06:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ophelia[_4_] Ophelia[_4_] is offline

Default Flooding precautions and response

"Jake" wrote in message
On Sat, 7 Jul 2012 18:34:20 +0100, Janet wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Sat, 7 Jul 2012 15:48:06 +0100, Janet wrote:

In article , says...

Not to worry David (hubby) will be happy to help in any way he can
and
know it alls like harry don't bother him one little bit

I'd recommend advice from Harry, inhabitant of Herefordshire, a
county
well experienced in floods, over an author of fantasy EOTWAWKI
apocalypse
novels.
Janet

Now I'm confused. Are there two Harrys in this newsgroup, one in
Hertfordshire who knows what he's talking about and another who not
that long ago advised someone relatively inexperienced to tackle a
problem using illegal herbicides and advised on how the illegal
herbicides might be procured illegally.

As I recall he advocated inappropriate garden use by amateur, of a legal
herbicide which is legally obtainable (in the UK) but only licensed for
agricultural use.

Getting one thing wrong doesn't make a chap wrong about all else, as I'm
sure you agree.

If there are two Harrys then we need to have some way to differentiate
between the two as I, and no doubt others, are guilty of assuming that
there is only one.

Hertfordshire is the county where hurricanes hardly ever happen.
Hereford is the county frequently familiar with floods.

The Harry in this thread has said many times he lives in Herefordshire.

Janet.

As you clearly state, the herbicide was legal for agricultural use but
illegal for domestic use. Therefore, in the circumstances, the use,
procurement and sale would have been illegal. But what you have told
me is that the individual that gave that advice is the same as the one
now giving flooding related advice. The individual who gave the
herbicide advice to which I have referred has given other bad advice
here in the past.

So I will trust David rather than Harry. That is my choice. It's a
free world.

Thank you Jake, My David is an honest and honourable man!

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/