Old 08-07-2012, 12:22 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default Floods again!

In article ,
lid says...

On Sat, 7 Jul 2012 15:48:07 +0100, Janet wrote:

How could any amount of planning/ man made infrastructure in a non-
flood-zone, foresee or forestall such exceptional conditions.

Note that Baz isn't on about rivers overflowing; rather he's on about
manhole covers being shoved up to allow egress of water.

Which is due to the drains/sewers being unable to contain the volume of
water pouring in, which is due to exceptional rainfall onto saturated
ground which can absorb no more after the wettest June on record.

Meanwhile Baz gets flooded out twice in quick succession (something
which you seem to have disputed elsewhere).

Not me.

He has had little time to
do anything to prevent flooding since the last occasion (which, if he
followed this group properly, Harry would have realised).

Yes, conditions are exceptional. But they could have been foreseen.

Which "they" do you think could foretell the wettest June in a century?

And people like Baz are innocent victims. They do not need
pontification from anyone.

Apparently, nor did he need the flood-experienced advice I offered
before his first flood in mid -April, advice rudely rejected by Baz then
confirmed by other posters.

In the past, I've posted "are you ok" messages when there have been
exceptional circumstances where you are. I will, in future, show the
same degree of sympathy for you as you do for others.

Get over yourself.

Janet