Old 08-07-2012, 07:48 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
harry harry is offline

Default Flooding precautions and response

On Jul 7, 12:11*pm, "shazzbat"
wrote:
"Martin" wrote in message

On Fri, 6 Jul 2012 22:17:37 +0100, "Ophelia"
wrote:

Hubby wrote this for a group on a different forum system and I thought it
might be useful he

Floods

big snip

Very good.

The Ouse floods every year, even in the 1940s when I was *kid.
Most of the area that flooded then had no housing on it. Today it has.
--

Isn't it about time a hovercraft or two was used in floods? There are many
in the country, military, sport and commercial, yet when there's flooding,

Steve

Have you never seen one working? The damage it would do in an urban
area would be immense.