Old 08-07-2012, 10:06 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Broccoli 'Rudolph'

"Trevor" wrote

I sowed Broccoli Rudolph as it sounded great to heave it ready in the
winter rather then the summer when the caterpillars are around (well not
this summer admittedly). It has been flowering (with unuseable speasr) for
the last month., It it a waste of space to keep it in the ground or shall I
hang on?

Cut off all the flowering spears and see what happens. If it keeps running
straight to flowers then pull it up. A lot of our summer cabbages seem to be
"blowing" instead of making a heart, must be the weather this year.
I've got autumn and spring cyclamen flowering together now too, crazy year.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.