Old 08-07-2012, 11:11 AM
ploppygb ploppygb is offline
Registered User

Default Pruning Mock Orange

My Mock Orange is currently in bloom, although the flowers are looking a bit sorry for themselves after all the rain. I'm wondering what to do about pruning this plant, largely because it has new stems without flowers on them, that extend about 3 to 4 feet about the main body of the plant. Frankly, it looks a bit daft. I'm not sure whether to cut this new growth back the level of the old stems to make it look tidy (and whether this is the right time of year to do it anyway). I think I read that this year's growth is what blooms next year so I don't want to ruin that. I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks.