Old 22-04-2003, 07:44 PM
Peter H

Default Lawn bordering concrete patio

"Mike" wrote in message
om...
We are getting ready to install our lawn which will be next to a large
curved patio. Any ideas on whether the soil should be even with,
above, or below the patio grade. If above or below how much? Thanks

Well you're not going to want to have your lawn graded higher than the patio
'cause rainwater and dirt would flood onto the patio. If you made them the
same height the lawn would eventually increase in height and create the same
problem, so the lawn has to be graded below the patio. How much below would
depend on your preference, but I would recommend at least 2"

Peter H