Old 08-07-2012, 01:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default Poor results

On 8 Jul 2012 12:10:19 GMT, wrote:

Jake wrote:
And, FWIW, whilst I'm chucking bedding dahlias, asters and tuberous
begonias which are all rotting in the wet, the New Guineas, like my
fibrous begonias, are thriving.

The new guineas I bought from T+M as plugs have not thrived at all. :-(

Can't comment on T&M as I haven't bought from them this year. Jersey
Plants had significant delivery issues last year but they have been
sorted out now. They also seem to have beefed up their customer
service team. I've generally found JP's quality to be very good and,
to be fair, any problems are now resolved very, very quickly. I've
bought a lot of basket plant plugs from Dobies and this year I
"duplicated" a bit by buying more from JP. Must admit that the JP
plants are doing far better than the Dobies ones. So next year I'll
probably buy less from Dobies and more from JP.

Cheers, Jake
Urgling from the East End of Swansea Bay where sometimes
it's raining and sometimes it's not.