Old 09-07-2012, 05:46 PM
LittleSue LittleSue is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider[_3_] View Post
On 13/06/2012 18:27, Thanks in advance
[/i][/color]

Hi Sue,

I suspect your poppy may have been the white form of Papaver rhoeas,
which displayed an increasing tendency to revert to its fully red form.

I think your best chance of repeating your poppy would be to buy either

Poppy 'Bridal White' - Value Seed Varieties - Thompson & Morgan

or

Papaver rhoeas 'Bridal Silk' - Poppy Seeds

and hope that there is some slight reversion to red. I suspect there is
a strong tendency for this to happen. If so, you can save seed from
those plants which most match those in your memory. They may or may not
come true to the favoured white and red parent, but I think it's worth a
try.

Hope this helps.

--
Spider