Old 09-07-2012, 06:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Floods again! At home and peed off.

On Mon, 09 Jul 2012 12:20:48 GMT, Baz wrote:

This time it will take more than a few dehumidifiers and some carpet.
Plaster work is bulging up to 600mm above floor level and we are seeing
more and more dehumidifiers as I write this..

Oh you poor bugger, a bit of muddy wet carpet is a PITA but but blown
plaster a completely different kettle of fish. 600mm, I guess that means
the water got to the the electrics as well?

Glad that your insurers are playing ball nicely. Next years premium? Well
I guess it depends on how they view things, the weather has been a bit
freakish with these "months worth of rain in a day" events, no normally
scaled drainage system is going to cope with that volume of water. So if
they see these as freak events the premium shouldn't change much but if
they decide it's going to happen again and again... Most of the stories
you hear about uninsurable places are about properties built in flood
zones without any flood defences.

--
Cheers
Dave.