Old 09-07-2012, 07:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Steerpike Steerpike is offline

Default Floods again! At home and peed off.

On Jul 9, 7:42*pm, Jake wrote:
On Mon, 09 Jul 2012 12:20:48 GMT, Baz wrote:
This time it will take more than a few dehumidifiers and some carpet.
Plaster work is bulging up to 600mm above floor level and we are seeing
more and more dehumidifiers as I write this..
Sh*t happens, but I would have bet a months salary that it would not be us.

Baz

This is a lot worse than your last post indicated and I really feel
for you now. That you haven't even mentioned the garden this time is
significant as, to some extent, the garden flooding last time got as
much of your attention as the house.

If plaster is blowing to 600mm then you've got a long haul in front of
you as the walls will need to be dried out and probably replastered to
at least a meter above floor level. Then drying before redecoration.
I'm guessing your walls are plastered and not dry-lined..

Dave L has mentioned the electrics but I'm hoping that as you've got a
concrete slab ground floor (if you had wood over void you wouldn't be
back in yet after the last flood) your electrics are down the wall
from the ceiling void above which would hopefully just mean a drying
period and replacement of the socket fronts etc.

Keep us in the loop and remember that whilst we can't do anything
practical to help, we're thinking about you and your family and
sending emotional support across the internet airwaves.

Cheers, Jake
=======================================
Urgling from the East End of Swansea Bay where sometimes
it's raining and sometimes it's not.

Seems weird that even those who obviously have felt the negative
effects of global warming first hand, still dont seem to give a damn
about the causes of this, and appear to take propaganda issued by the
corporate media on the subject to be reflective of something akin to
the truth!

Worth bearing in mind that those who benefit from being able to
pollute and destroy our planet pretty much as they please, also own
and control the corporate media, so its just possible that corp media
propaganda relating to this might possibly be untrue............

In ten years time, the weather patterns will be far more disturbed
than they are currently, and the effects of global warming will be
irreversible. Will you all still believe corp media clap trap then I
wonder?