Old 10-07-2012, 06:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
harry harry is offline

Default Floods again! At home and peed off.

On Jul 9, 10:58*pm, kay wrote:
Steerpike;963924 Wrote:

snipped

It is reprehensible to use someone's personal tragedy to forward your
arguments. there is a time and a place for everything.

--
kay

What rubbish. He's just linking cause and effect.
The point is it's quite likely to happen again and Baz needs to make
his house flood resistant.

The effect goes far beyond insurance, there is also property values
and saleability to tak einto account.

Baz may find he can't get insurance or can't afford it. In that event
he could find himself homeless if there was another flood.

Everybody needs to try to work out what could happen if there was what
we now think of as extreme weather in their area and what precautions
they can take to mitigate the effects. I have already done this to my
house.

The extreme could well become the norm.