Old 10-07-2012, 08:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jonathan[_3_] Jonathan[_3_] is offline

Default Floods again! At home and peed off.

On Jul 9, 9:00*pm, "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:
On Mon, 09 Jul 2012 19:42:37 +0100, Jake wrote:
Dave L has mentioned the electrics but I'm hoping that as you've got a
concrete slab ground floor (if you had wood over void you wouldn't be
back in yet after the last flood) your electrics are down the wall
from the ceiling void above which would hopefully just mean a drying
period and replacement of the socket fronts etc.

I think the insurance will insist on a rewire if the water has got to any
open ends of cable like in back boxes etc.

--
Cheers
Dave.

If you do re-wire, I would suggest that you have the wiring down the
walls to sockets at least a metre off the ground. This is what we have
here in a mill prone to flooding. Not yet this year thank goodness.

Jonathan