Old 22-04-2003, 08:20 PM
Gayle Surrette

Default snails

When I first had a snail problem I tried beer and it
worked but I don't drink so I wasn't always sure where
to pick it up. Someone told me that what they really go
for is the yeast so I just put a tablespoon (1 packet)
of yeast in 1/4 cup of warm water with a pinch of sugar.
Let it sit for a while (it will foam a bit) and then
pour in jar lids and sit it out.

Good luck,
Gayle

Norma Briggs wrote:
I have a horrible snail problem, they munched up all the leaves on
several marigolds over night...all that is left is the stems. I read
that you can put out a bowl of beer as bait. Does this work? Drives me
nuts to do this much work to have snails eat my goods after so much
work nurturing from seeds.

Gayle Surrette STC at NOAA/NESDIS/IPD
(301) 457 5254 MAIL Address:
FB#4 Room 3045