Old 11-07-2012, 06:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default On Topic of Gardening

I find that the topic of exceptional rain is very on topic. While I
thank the gods that flooding, like Baz's, is almost impossible for me,
there have been, albeit minor, consequences. The rain was so severe last
Thursday that it funnelled down a sloping path, swung off the path onto
a bed then washed a large amount of soil off said bed and onto the
gravel path below. When, and if, it dries I will have to dig the gravel
out and sieve it returning the gravel to the path and the soil to the bed.
Another consequence for me has been for the first time I am having
problems with my raspberries, as they ripen they become mildewed.
Finally the strawberries have failed completely, however with help here
I hope to not have the problem next year, as I will plant into the
strawberry planters recommended by Jake; on an earlier thread.
Sorry to drone on about the bad weather.

Why not return the soil and gravel mixed to the bed, great for those
plants who like a little more drainage.
Then get new gravel for the path, it will be a lot less work in the long
run.
David @ the Ex sunny end of Swansea Bay