Old 11-07-2012, 07:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Flood area?

Martin Brown wrote in
:

The LSE assessment of the state of the "Gentlemens' Agreement" on
flood insurance in the UK is even more scathing in its assessment. The
government has actually been cutting its spending on flood defences.

Those of us not in serious flood zones will benefit from the removal
of the insurance cross subsidy to seriously at risk homes. People
living in flood prone areas will have to pay a lot more to stay
insured.

Well, not so in my case. I will never get "stitched up" . Erm, unless I
have had surgery, then I will insist upon it.
How many times does one person have to say I DO NOT LIVE IN A FLOOD ZONE.
It is the blah blah....who are responsible....blah blah blah.
Bloody hell, the London School of Economics........"Gentlemens' Agreement",
nothing will surprise me.
I am happy with what has gone on today, and if my solicitor is wrong then
we will just have to go along with it and then chase him up too. We will
not lose any sleep until the writing is on the wall. So many scares in the
past when we DID lose sleep about the mortgage, our jobs, schooling, our
medical care etc. etc. etc.
Oh! and by the way thanks for the advice. I mean it and I will first thing
tomorrow clarify this, if I can.

Baz