Old 12-07-2012, 02:09 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
phorbin phorbin is offline

Default Venting about varmints

In article ,
says...

Apparently skunks will not spray when confined but last one I caught was
a mother with 3 kids that would not leave the area. Fortunately the
trap was under my deck and I was able to open it with my pole pruner
from above with not getting sprayed.

Wow. -- Was it one of the gravity closed traps. There's no way I can
think of to do that with our spring closed havahart.

With respect to spraying, I've had young skunks cut loose inside the
trap. The older ones seem to take it all in stride.