Old 13-07-2012, 10:40 AM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Name View Post
(other than me, obv)

Nick has a load of chard seedlings in root trainers and they desperately need
planting out, as the roots are now matted together! I don't have time to put
out the brassicas yet as they need to be protected from pigeons, butterflies
etc.

If I put the chard out with no protection, will they survive, or will I come
home to find pink skeletons?

(as you may have guessed, it's not something I've grown before!)

--
They are more resistant to slugs than cabbages (though not immune). Cabbage white don't feed on them, and I've never had to protect them from pigeons.