Old 13-07-2012, 01:30 PM
Justinthyme77 Justinthyme77 is offline
Registered User

Default Firethorn pruning

I'm having the house re-pointed and have a couple of firethorns, pruned to about 3' wide, which I have nurtured so far to about 12' against the wall and I don't want to lose them. They have fairly straight central stems and I intend to prune them back as close to the stem as is reasonable so that I can then release the ties and carefully lay them back so as to provide access for the brickies. Anyone know how close I could reasonably go at this time of year without causing irrepairable damage?