Old 13-07-2012, 12:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
S Viemeister[_2_] S Viemeister[_2_] is offline

Default On Topic of Gardening

On 7/13/2012 6:04 AM, Phil Gurr wrote:

The UK is not a small country. London is closer to Geneva than it is to
where I live. When I
drive to London and cross the border at Gretna, I am more than halfway to my
destination
and the UK mainland extends a further 100 miles north of me. The Met. Office
have no conception
of the geography of this part of the UK and only rarely have any knowledge
of current weather
conditions - accurate forecasts are hardly ever given. Much more accurate
forecasts for this
area are given by the Norwegian Met. Office.

And the Met Office accuracy is even worse up the road from you, on the
north coast.

Phil
Northern Highlands of Scotland