Old 13-07-2012, 04:45 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emery Davis[_4_] View Post
On 2012-07-12 18:39:43 +0100, Emery Davis said:

Found on my doorstep. The giver doesn't know what it's called, can
anyone ID it? My plan was to try and brighten a shady corner, will that
work?

Picasa Web Albums - Emery Davis - mystery gift ...

Thanks in advance,

-E

Pics a bit blurry (not to be rude) but it looks a bit like Lysimachia
punctata. If it is, it likes a rich moist soil and is good in sun or a
bit of shade but doesn't like to dry out. It's useful in a bog garden or
on the edge of a pond.

Phone pics, have to pay attention... Must be the rain's fault!

That could well be it, though. Thanks Sacha.
Pretty definitely Lysimachia, Yellow Loosestrife, but I'd have said it was vulgaris not punctata. Although punctata is the more common one in gardens.