Old 13-07-2012, 06:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default ID this stuff?

On 07/12/2012 09:15 PM, Sheila wrote:

"Kate Morgan" wrote in message
o.uk...

Pics a bit blurry (not to be rude) but it looks a bit like Lysimachia
punctata. If it is, it likes a rich moist soil and is good in sun or a
bit of shade but doesn't like to dry out. It's useful in a bog garden or
on the edge of a pond.

I'll go with you on that Sacha, but here in our soggy climate it grows
in hedgerows, road verges and other partially shaded areas.
David @ a very wet end of Swansea Bay, it must have been my brief foray
into dahlia planting that has brought the rain back.

I have loads of this plant, I love it. It spreads easily, grows anywhere
and
is a brilliant splash of brightness .
kate

Ha, I got it right, but I would have just said Loosestrife!

Thanks all, will get it whacked in first thing tomorrow.