Old 13-07-2012, 09:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default On Topic of Gardening

"Ophelia" wrote in message

"Martin" wrote in message
On Wed, 11 Jul 2012 19:00:17 +0100, "Ophelia"
wrote:

"Baz" wrote in message
wrote in
:

And I think the first semi-accidental courgette (which was grown
deliberately but has rooted itself into a garden planter before I
could plant out on the allotment!) has its first fruit forming

Guess what we are all gonna do next year then? Semi-accidental some
others
as well ;-) Deliberatly, of course.

Last week I went to buy some courgette plants but they had just sold out.
The nice lady suggested planting some seeds! She assured me they would
be
growing fairly quickly. She was right!!! They are coming on by leaps
and
bounds))

A honeysuckle and a pink rose have climbed to at least 4' above a Lidl
arch. The rose was sold as growing to a height of 4'. It was planted
near to the arch, but not was not supposed to climb up it.

Now about this pumpkin seed that dropped between a gap in the keys on
my keyboard.

hahaha the mind boggles!
--

I once dropped a conker down near the gearstick of my Renault 5 that I had.
It was a biggie that I got for my young nephew and I couldn't get it out

I could remind them that I changed their nappies, and taught them to read
before they went to school - to give them a good start. If I wanted to.
They are both doing well in their chosen careers.
My younger brother who is sharing the lottie cannot get down there now much,
he is heavily involved with the Olympics.
To be fair, he did tell me that.
I've not told him that we have potato blight. Or that he needs to use his
borrowed petrol strimmer to make sure I am not stung to death by the nettles
getting from the gate to the plot.