Old 14-07-2012, 07:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Moonraker Moonraker is offline

Default I'll have webbed feet soon

On 14/07/2012 07:42, the_constructor wrote:
"Doug" wrote in message
On Jul 14, 12:21 am, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
If it doesn't stop raining in Leics. Throwing down all day again, had a
bit of a break for an hour or so, and back to it.
Will it ever stop?

I seem to remember that when you were all worrying about drought in the
UK,
I said it would sort itself out. It has, just like I knew it would ;-)
Maybe not quite like we wanted exactly.

The length of time it has been raining virtually every day for months
on end is unbelievable. Long-term records have been broken. I am
strongly tempted to think it is due to global warming causing weather
extremes. How else can you account for it? Anyway, it makes gardening
very difficult that is for sure and food producers must be going
frantic.

Doug.

I grow my potatoes in pots and plastic boxes in the back yard. Had secretary
of local allotment society call to collect an item I was giving away and his
comments were, "you've got a better crop than most on the allotments".

Makes one feel on top of the world....!!

Jim G

I blame the stupid people who a few weeks, yes a few weeks, ago were
bemoaning a draught that is would take many a month to recover from.
Reminds me so much when, in the late 70s, the minister of draught was
transferred to the job of floods, nothing changes, why can't politicians
keep their noses out of common folks lives?