Old 14-07-2012, 08:20 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default I'll have webbed feet soon

"Christina Websell" wrote

If it doesn't stop raining in Leics. Throwing down all day again, had a
bit of a break for an hour or so, and back to it.
Will it ever stop?

I seem to remember that when you were all worrying about drought in the UK,
I said it would sort itself out. It has, just like I knew it would ;-)
Maybe not quite like we wanted exactly.

Went down the plot yesterday to cut off and remove the last of the potato
hulms due to blight and after the rain went over yet again there was
standing water either side of the humps. Looked weird with strips of water
between the humps.
Whilst we garden on Thames silt/clay it's never been so wet and sticky as it
is now, I think it's going to take a while to get back into a decent tilth
once this stops.
At least the carrots look good in their old water tank and the 2nd lot of
parsnips we sowed have finally started to germinate so we will get a few
after all.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.