Old 14-07-2012, 11:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Dyslexia -v- imbecile To Janet and steerpike

Steerpike wrote in
:

On Jul 13, 1:25*pm, Baz wrote:
For your information, Janet, dyslexia is not a disease, and it does
not affect my judgement. Mine is a reading and writing disorder. It
does not make me "thick" or uneducated, I just have to try harder to
understand the written word. My IQ is not an issue here as much as
your delusions of grandeur. Patting me on the head would only result
in a verbal, but polite volley from me, and possibly an allegation of
assault.. Then it would be up to the courts to decide who is an
imbecile.

For you information, my IQ has been tested many times during my life
because of my dyslexia. average over the years is 124 peaking at 133
when I was 18 years old.
I can read music, play the piano and a few other stringed
instruments, play Bridge, oh yes! write music. I am dextrous which is
essential being a carpenter and joiner, and my hobby which is
restoring post war motorcycles. My main hobby now is gardening but I
find time for all of the above.
But, of course anyone can say that in a newsgroup. I am being
sincere.

Baz

If dyslexia is noticed early on and properly dealt with, there is no
reason at all it should be any sort of problem in future. However
anyone who is still having problems in adult life, suggests it wasnt
noticed in childhood, and will be very much more difficult to deal
with.

Please don't talk bull about a subject you obviously know zero about.
Are you suggesting that there is a cure for an illness that does not
exist?
You and Janet should get engaged. Of course you will argue so much
bullshit between you that you will never wed, but I would like to be a
fly on THAT wall.

The general perception of dyslexia is similar to that held by Janet,
but ignorance and intolerance of anyone or anything that might differ
from the accepted norm, is so common nowadays its not really worthy of
mention.

Then why mention it?

Baz