Old 14-07-2012, 11:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Moonraker Moonraker is offline

Default I'll have webbed feet soon

On 14/07/2012 07:58, Steerpike wrote:
On Jul 14, 7:35 am, Doug wrote:
On Jul 14, 12:21 am, "Christina wrote:
If it doesn't stop raining in Leics. Throwing down all day again, had a
bit of a break for an hour or so, and back to it.
Will it ever stop?

I seem to remember that when you were all worrying about drought in the UK,
I said it would sort itself out. It has, just like I knew it would ;-)
Maybe not quite like we wanted exactly.

The length of time it has been raining virtually every day for months
on end is unbelievable. Long-term records have been broken. I am
strongly tempted to think it is due to global warming causing weather
extremes. How else can you account for it? Anyway, it makes gardening
very difficult that is for sure and food producers must be going
frantic.

Doug.

Doug I think you will find from responses to my previous posts
mentioning global warming, that in common with nearly all avid
consumers of corporate media bullshit (which suggests global warming
either doesnt exist or is irrelevant), that posters to this NG accept
the corp media crap rather than the evidence provided by their own

Yes we are having global warming, where I differ is that I am by no
means convinced it is due to our actions. After all the planet has
warmed up (and cooled down) on previous occasions, even as short a time
ago as the Roman dominations the planet was warmer than now. And not as
long as that people regularly skated on the Thames. How do you explain
that Mars has warmed up in recent years, now if it had been the moon we
could blame the Americans! ;-O