Old 15-07-2012, 09:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Preserving peas

On 15/07/2012 21:15, Baz wrote:
David Hill wrote in
:

Yes, but they are like bullets even after an overnight soak and
cooked next day. And yes I like mushy peas very much.

Baz

You have to let them ripen on the vine for "Dried peas"

Just asking, David
What difference does it make ripening on the vine or picking them when
mature? I know there must be a reason why you are saying that.

Thanks.
Baz

If they haven't fully dried then there is a good chance that not all the
sugar will have turned to starch and there will be a good chance of
them going mouldy.