Old 16-07-2012, 03:10 AM posted to rec.gardens
gregz gregz is offline

Default Bug ID wanted

Don Wiss wrote:
I found about a dozen of these bugs (beetles?) crawling around a few leaves
of my nasturtiums. And on one leaf there was a egg case. They are about
1/4" long. I'm in Brooklyn, NY.

http://donwiss.com/pictures/misc/Bug...tipleHorns.jpg

I washed them off with a hose. In hindsight maybe I should have killed
them. What are they?

Don http://foraging.com/ e-mail at page bottom.

Soap solution will push them away temporally. So thats new to you. I kill
hundreds yearly. Many in the house, and attic really get a lot in sep-oct.
The crawl up the side of the house. They like eating many vegetables. This
is the third summer, and they came in and multiplied so fast. They need a
warmer space to survive freezing. Supposed to start out central pa. Chinese
stink bugs, from china.

Greg