Old 15-07-2012, 11:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default Preserving peas

In article , says...

On 2012-07-15 18:55:32 +0100, Baz said:

Sacha wrote in
:

Perhaps they'd be better made into soup and frozen that way, if
they're over large?

Never even thought of that, Sacha.

Have you got a url for me? Or recipe?

Thanks
Baz

I can't find the tea room's recipe card but try this
http://britishfood.about.com/od/eore...-Ham-Soup-Reci
pe.htm It

may be better to add the ham after defrostiing pea soup. Then there's
also http://britishfood.about.com/od/menus/r/peasoup.htm
http://britishfood.about.com/od/psre...ionpeasoup.htm

Thanks, Sacha.
Just what the doctor ordered. Just NEVER use stock cubes. YUK.
Actually I like making my own stock. Just have to buy the veg this time.

MMMM pea soup with extra corriander and mint(thats all we have from the
garden) The peas are from a friend who I gave the seeds to.

We are going to start shelling the peas now.
Thanks. sacha
Baz

You're most welcome. And you'll have all that yummy stuff stored up in
the freezer against the winter weather!

So the freezer didn't get flooded?

Janet