Old 15-07-2012, 11:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default On Topic of Gardening

On Sun, 15 Jul 2012 23:12:24 +0100, Janet wrote:

In article ,
says...

ISTR that ragwort is a notifiable weed and you are obliged to pull it up by
law. I might be wrong on this.

You are.

Janet

Unless the Secretary of State for something or other ((in Wales the
Welsh Ministers) don't know about Scotland) issues you with a notice.
I noticed a bit growing out of my front hedge and yanked it up because
it was a weed. A couple of days later I got a letter from the local
council telling me that I had a noxious weed growing on my land and
..... Seems the jobsworths had been around that day and it was pure
co-incidence.

They sent me a separate letter the same day telling me that a tree was
growing over the pavement and I needed to cut it back. I pointed out
that they had previously sent me a letter telling me not to cut it
back.

Cheers, Jake
Urgling from the East End of Swansea Bay where sometimes
it's raining and sometimes it's not.