Old 16-07-2012, 01:15 PM
SparkyUK SparkyUK is offline
Registered User

Smile New lawn, but is it dying?

Hi,

Just moved into a new house after a lengthy contract exchange. During the time taken from signing for the house, and moving in, the lawn (which appeared fine when we bought it) had grown to the point where it was over 30/40cm in height.

After cutting this, and an extensive rain (so the ground shouldn't have dried out, we are left with the lawn as shown in the attachement.

The large baron/brown patch to the left was like this when the rest of the lawn was 30/40cm in height, but once all cut to the same height, we can see more areas of concern.

Can anyone let me know what has happened to it? It looks quite sorry for itself and I don't know where to start, short of having to re-turf it all.

Many thanks for any advice!
Attached Thumbnails
New lawn, but is it dying?-lawn.jpeg