Old 16-07-2012, 04:23 PM
katey_new katey_new is offline
Registered User

Hi,

Since your threads been sidetracked a little bit....we got similar dome to our garden last year - a retaining wall 4 sleepers high with a patio in front and a veggie bed behind. The man that did it was a genius and he suggested using some remaining paving slabs on the top of the wall as a seating. Its a row of slabs, about 30cm deep running the whole length of the wall and the same colours as the patio (obviously since ours were leftovers). Its a great place to sit for a few mins without the hassel of getting the chairs out of the shed although not that comfy for long term sitting! Also it looks really good - I can show pictures if someone shows me how?

It gets rid of the splinters on feet and bums problems but the pavings do jutt out about -0.5 cm and at 4 sleepers high might be perfect height for kiddies to knock their heads on. Also not sure if you have the splinter problem on the side of the wall as obviously it won't get rid of that either.

Something to consider...