Old 16-07-2012, 12:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
TheScullster TheScullster is offline

Default Poor Strawberry Performance

Hi all

My Elsantas dont seem to be doing as well as usual this year.

Am I right in thinking that in rainier years more growth will go into the
foliage than fruit?
Also, the plants are 5 years old - is it time to replant?

If I do replant, are the new runners from the existing plants likely to be
OK, or should I be starting with "fresh stock"?
Is there a difference between new runners from old (maybe tired) plants and
"brand new" plants grown from seed perhaps?

Thanks

Phil