Old 16-07-2012, 12:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Moonraker Moonraker is offline

Default Poor Strawberry Performance

On 16/07/2012 12:26, TheScullster wrote:
Hi all

My Elsantas dont seem to be doing as well as usual this year.

Am I right in thinking that in rainier years more growth will go into the
foliage than fruit?
Also, the plants are 5 years old - is it time to replant?

If I do replant, are the new runners from the existing plants likely to be
OK, or should I be starting with "fresh stock"?
Is there a difference between new runners from old (maybe tired) plants and
"brand new" plants grown from seed perhaps?

Thanks

Phil

"Not doing so well" implies that they are doing something, which is more
than mine have. Any ripening berries have been ruined by mildew, nary a one.