Old 16-07-2012, 01:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sue[_11_] Sue[_11_] is offline

Default On Topic of Gardening

"Jake" wrote
"Ophelia" wrote:
"Jake" wrote

They sent me a separate letter the same day telling me that a tree
was growing over the pavement and I needed to cut it back. I pointed
out that they had previously sent me a letter telling me not to cut
it back.

lol and what was the outcome of that one?
--

Nothing. The chap I spoke to just said "Oh" and I've heard nothing
since. I don't know what is so special about this tree as it was only

Although I'm at the end of a cul-de-sac and the pavement under the
tree is rarely used, I wanted to lift the head to leave an 8' high
clearance. Thought I'd better check first and was told not to do
anything. I asked for a letter to protect myself and got one.

But in 3 years I can chop it down if I want. There isn't a TPO on the
tree, just some bizzare planning requirement that it should be there.

Good grief. Can planners just insist that any ridiculous thing they like
is written into the deeds of a house? It's one thing to insist that a
replacement sapling would be planted by the householder if some special
tree dies, but a 25 yr old sized one?!

--
Sue