Old 16-07-2012, 07:21 PM
Honeysuckle Honeysuckle is offline
Registered User

Location: Rickmansworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hill View Post
On 15/07/2012 20:28, Honeysuckle wrote:
Honeysuckle;963662 Wrote:
Thank you for your reply.

I bought the seed from a reputable seed supplier. I have done as you
suggest and sent them an email. I will give an update when I receive
their reply.

Honeysuckle

There was great excitement in the garden this evening. I have got a
white one!

The other 80-odd are still purple though...

Honeysuckle

I seem to remember that with stocks grown from seed, the most vigorous
ones tend to be all one colour, you have to grow on the weaker seedlings
to get variety.
It's quite normal to go for the strongest and to discard the weaker ones.
Hi David

What you say makes sense. I have still have some of the weaker ones in the greenhouse. I might try planting them out to see what happens.

I have had a reply from the seed supplier. They have given me a voucher to spend in their online store. Unfortunately, they haven't suggested any reasons why most of the flowers are purple...

Honeysuckle