Old 16-07-2012, 04:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ophelia[_4_] Ophelia[_4_] is offline

Default On Topic of Gardening

"Jake" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 16 Jul 2012 10:50:06 +0100, "Ophelia"
wrote:

"Jake" wrote in message
. ..

They sent me a separate letter the same day telling me that a tree was
growing over the pavement and I needed to cut it back. I pointed out
that they had previously sent me a letter telling me not to cut it
back.

lol and what was the outcome of that one?
--

Nothing. The chap I spoke to just said "Oh" and I've heard nothing
since. I don't know what is so special about this tree as it was only

Although I'm at the end of a cul-de-sac and the pavement under the
tree is rarely used, I wanted to lift the head to leave an 8' high
clearance. Thought I'd better check first and was told not to do
anything. I asked for a letter to protect myself and got one.

But in 3 years I can chop it down if I want. There isn't a TPO on the
tree, just some bizzare planning requirement that it should be there.

Well, I suppose you can, eventually do what you want with it? You could
hold on the to letter telling you to trim it and wave that at any
complainant ...

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/